The firm was originally founded as ‘Whitfield and Sons’ in 1862 by Mr. Thomas Whitfield. Based in Oswestry, the practice became one of the most successful firms of Auctioneers and Valuers across the Border Counties, Mid and North Wales.
In 1933, Mr. W. A. Bowen joined the business and became the Sole Proprietor in 1937 before joining The Admiralty shortly after the outbreak of World War II. During this time the business was managed by Mr. Dodd, of Hugh Dodd and Co., who became a partner in 1943 when the practice was renamed K. Hugh Dodd & Bowen.
Following the retirement of Mr. Dodd in 1967, Mr Bowen was joined by his two sons Ted and Bill and Jack Watson who became partners under the new practice name of Bowen Son and Watson. Roy Jones having joined the firm in 1972 then became a partner in 1981 on the retirement of his father-in-law Jack Watson.
The current partners have continued to expand the business by opening new offices at Wrexham in 2001 and Llangollen in 2007, and most recently acquiring the long established Wrexham firm of Kent Jones & Co. Like their predecessors, the partners consistently strive to meet the challenges of an ever changing property industry.