Several foundation stones depict that Jerusalem Church was built in 1899. It comprises an entrance vestibule; main chapel room with a minimum ceiling height of 14'6" (4.42m); vestry with side hall partitioned off. Included in the sale are the valuable pine fixtures including a pulpit and pews. Outside there are at present uncultivated grounds to the north, west and southern elevations. An area of land marked "X" on the plan is occupied on a long standing ground lease at a rental of £65.00 per annum. The land is occupied by a single storey hairdressers and has a frontage of approximately 26'3" (8m) and a depth of approximately 22'6" (6.85m).
Jerusalem Church occupies a prominent location at the centre of the village at the junction of the B5605 Ruabon Road and the B5426 Bangor on Dee Road. Johnstown lies on the B5605 approximately one mile from junction 3 of the A483 which provides dual carriageway access to Wrexham (3 miles) and Chester (12 miles) to the north and to Oswestry (9 miles) and Shrewsbury to the south. The village provides a range of amenities including a Primary School, Dental Surgery and a variety of Shops including a Co-Op Supermarket. Facilities are also available in the neighbouring settlements of Ruabon and Rhos.
of brick beneath a slated roof.
(with approximate room dimensions) comprises :-
9' 0'' x 5' 10'' (2.74m x 1.78m)
Approached through arched double doors with two side windows.
Main Chapel Room
40' 10'' x 28' 0'' (12.44m x 8.53m)
15' (4.57m) maximum ceiling height.
14'6" (4.42m) minimum.
Fixed pine furniture including a Pulpit and "Big Seat".
Vertical timber boarded walls to dado level.
10no. 9' (2.74m) single ended pews.
8no. 5' (1.52m) single ended pews.
10no. 11'8" (3.55m) central pews with dividers.
28' 0'' x 18' 0'' (8.53m x 5.48m)
Open tiled fireplace with a brickette and oak surround. Vertical pine panelling to a height of 4'3" (1.29m). 15'3" (4.64m) ceiling height.
From Park Street on the side elevation, 6'8" (2.93m) wide double gates lead to a PARKING SPACE and piece of land to the westerly side elevation with a minimum width of 7' (2.13m). The site extends in total to approximately 570 square yards (52.6 square metres) and includes an area of ground marked X on the plan, which is occupied on a longstanding Ground Lease at a rental of £65.00 per annum. It has a frontage of approximately 26'3" (8m) and a depth of approximately 22'6" (6.85m) and is currently occupied by a single storey Hairdressing Salon with side yard.
Mains electricity is currently connected subject to statutory regulations. It is believed that mains water, gas and drainage are also available from the dual roadway frontages, however prospective purchasers are advised to make their own investigations of the various statutory authorities.
Freehold. Vacant Possession on Completion.
By prior appointment with the Agents.
Method of Sale:
1. The offer should be submitted to our Wrexham Office to be received by no later than 9.30 am on Monday the 17th August 2020. The envelope containing the offer should be marked "Jerusalem Methodist Church" in order that no offers are opened until after the deadline.
2. Please state clearly within your offer letter any conditions that are attached such as the sale of an existing property; survey or mortgage finance; or obtaining Planning Consent. If the offer is subject to obtaining a mortgage, please indicate the percentage loan that you will be seeking and whether or not a valuation report has already been carried out.
3. Please give the name and address of the solicitor that would act on your behalf if your offer is successful.
4. Our clients are not bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer that is made. As soon as a decision has been made, all parties will be advised in writing as soon as possible thereafter.
5. No offer will be considered that is made in relation to another offer e.g. £1.00 above the highest offer made and all offers should be for a fixed sum sterling.
For satellite navigation use the post code LL14 2AL. Leave the A483 town by pass at junction 3 Croesfoel roundabout by Starbucks. Take the exit for Johnstown/Rhos. Proceed through the village of Johnstown until reaching the second set of lights after which turn immediately right onto Park Street. Jerusalem Church is on the corner.