This cottage is believed to date from the early 19th century and forms one of a street of similarly styled cottages which were built for the workers of the historic Wynnstay Estate. It comprises a lounge with beamed ceiling; refitted kitchen with light timber effect laminate fronted units having provision for a built-under oven; rear hall with built-in cupboard; wet room; rear porch with plumbing for a washing machine. Upstairs there are two double bedrooms with boarded floors and central ceiling beam. Central heating is provided by a modern "Worcester" gas fired combi boiler. Outside there is a private courtyard to one side, a sunken garden at the rear and a gated side access to a large orchard garden. FOR SALE BY INFORMAL TENDER. CLOSING 9.30 AM FRIDAY 19TH MARCH 2021.
The property lies within the Conservation Area at the heart of the village to the side of one of the access gates to the historic Wynnstay Estate. Ruabon is by-passed by the A483 which provides dual carriageway to Chester (18 miles) and lies at the centre of a triangle formed by the towns of Wrexham, Oswestry and Llangollen - all about 7 miles distant. The village provides wide ranging amenities including a variety of Shops, Hostelries, Railway Station, Medical Centre and both Primary and Secondary Schools.
of stone beneath a slated roof with a single storey flat roofed extension to the rear corner.
(with approximate room dimensions) on The Ground Floor comprises :-
13' 4'' x 13' 0'' (4.06m x 3.96m)
Dual aspect having a window and entrance door to the front with hardwood framed double glazed French windows to a private side courtyard. Exposed beam ceiling. Open-tread timber staircase leading off. Provision for an open fire. Quarry tiled floor. Two radiators. Two double power points. Arched opening to:
12' 0'' x 9' 3'' (3.65m x 2.82m) average.
Newly installed light timber effect laminate fronted units including a single drainer stainless steel sink unit inset into a range of six-doored base units and one drawer pack with extended work surfaces, beneath which there is space for a built-under oven and another appliance. Radiator. Quarry tiled floor. Contrasting chamfered brick effect tiled splash-back. Extractor fan. Suspended double wall cabinet. Electric cooker point. Three double power points. Television aerial point. Wall mounted "Worcester" combination gas fired central heating boiler.
5' 10'' x 2' 9'' (1.78m x 0.84m)
6' 11'' x 5' 7'' (2.11m x 1.70m)
White wall mounted wash hand basin and low level w.c. with a roll-in shower area having a "Mira" mains shower. Radiator. "Wet" floor. Part tiled walls. Extractor fan.
5' 4'' x 3' 7'' (1.62m x 1.09m)
Plumbing for a washing machine. Double power point.
On The First Floor:
No. 1 Bedroom
12' 0'' x 9' 10'' (3.65m x 2.99m)
Dual aspect with windows to the front and side. Built-in cupboard over stairs. Built-in cupboard to alcove. Radiator. Telephone point. Two double power points.
No. 2 Bedroom
11' 5'' x 9' 7'' (3.48m x 2.92m) average.
Radiator. Two double power points. Loft access-point.
Private side courtyard. Sunken rear garden. Gated access through a side wall to a large orchard garden. From measurements taken from the local Ordnance Survey sheet, the total site extends to 0.13 acre or thereabouts.
All mains services are connected subject to statutory regulations. THE CENTRAL HEATING is a conventional radiator system effected by the modern "Worcester" combination gas fired boiler situated in the kitchen. The property is wired for a BT telephone system.
Freehold. Vacant Possession on Completion. NO CHAIN.
By prior appointment with the Agents.
Council Tax Band:
The property is valued in Band "D".
METHOD OF SALE:
1. The offer should be submitted to our Wrexham Office to be received by no later than 9.30 am on Friday the 19th March 2021. The envelope containing the offer should be marked "The Old Gatehouse" in order that no offers are opened until after the deadline.
2. Please state clearly within your offer letter any conditions that are attached such as the sale of an existing property; survey or mortgage finance; or obtaining Planning Consent. If the offer is subject to obtaining a mortgage, please indicate the percentage loan that you will be seeking and whether or not a valuation report has already been carried out.
3. Please give the name and address of the solicitor that would act on your behalf if your offer is successful.
4. Our clients are not bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer that is made. As soon as a decision has been made, all parties will be advised in writing as soon as possible thereafter.
5. No offer will be considered that is made in relation to another offer e.g. £1.00 above the highest offer made and all offers should be for a fixed sum sterling.
For satellite navigation use the post code LL14 6LE. Leave the A483 at junction 1 and follow the signs for Overton / Whitchurch. At the "T" junction turn left towards Ruabon. Pass over the bridge above the A483 and The Old Gatehouse will be seen as the first property on the left.