A plaque on the front elevation dates this substantial Baptist Chapel to 1902. Traditionally constructed of Ruabon Red brick beneath a slated roof, it has accommodation extending to approximately 1925 sq.ft. (179 sq.m.) comprising an entrance vestibule; main chapel room with a ceiling height of 17'10" (5.43m) and valuable fixed pine pews and pulpit; rear lobby; cloakroom and sunday school room. It is gas centrally heated from a modern combi boiler. Outside it occupies a level plot of approx 0.18 acre (725 sq.m.) with attached store shed, boiler room and existing vehicular access from the Cemetery Road elevation. In the Agents' opinion the existing property is suited to a number of uses including residential redevelopment (subject to consent).
This Chapel is situated on level ground close to the heart of the village. Rhos is a thriving village community which provides wide-ranging School, Shopping and other social amenities including a Health Centre and The "STIWT" Theatre. The village is situated some three miles from Wrexham and only two miles from the nearest access-point onto the A483 town by pass by the Travel Lodge/Starbucks at Croesfoel, from where there is dual carriageway to Chester (16 miles) and the north west motorway network.
of Ruabon Red brick beneath a slated roof.
(with approximate room dimensions) comprises :-
6' 11'' x 6' 11'' (2.11m x 2.11m)
Quarry tiled floor. Glazed brick walls to dado level.
Main Chapel Room
47' 4'' x 26' 3'' (14.42m x 7.99m)
Average ceiling height is 17'10" (5.43m). Three radiators and exposed pipework.
10no. 10'9" long centre pews with dividers.
25no. 4'6" single-ended pews.
1no. pine and wrought-iron Pulpit and "Big Seat".
9no. coloured arched lead-lighted windows.
10no. drop-lights, seven with shades.
Pine panelling to dado level.
10' 7'' x 4' 3'' (3.22m x 1.29m)
9' 9'' x 4' 0'' (2.97m x 1.22m)
Fitted modern suite comprising a close coupled dual flush w.c. and a wall mounted wash hand basin with electric water heater above. Wall mounted electric convector heater.
Sunday School Room
27' 3'' x 20' 10'' (8.30m x 6.35m)
Fitted modern single drainer stainless steel sink unit inset into a range of six-doored base units with a matching suspended double wall cabinet. Fitted gas fire to a brickette and tiled fireplace. Two arched side windows. Three radiators.
The property occupies a level site on the corner of Church Street and Cemetery Road. There are predominantly grassed gardens to the road side elevations, from which there are two pedestrian gated access-points and also a vehicular access to a concrete HARDSTANDING.
All mains services are connected subject to statutory regulations. The property has a central heating system effected by a modern "Baxi" combination gas fired boiler situated in the outside Boiler Room.
Freehold. Vacant Possession on Completion.
By prior appointment with the Agents.
Method of Sale:
1. The offer should be submitted to our Wrexham Office to be received by no later than 9.30 am on Thursday 10th June 2021. The envelope containing the offer should be marked "Bethania Chapel" in order that no offers are opened until after the deadline.
2. Please state clearly within your offer letter any conditions that are attached such as the sale of an existing property; survey or mortgage finance; or obtaining Planning Consent. If the offer is subject to obtaining a mortgage, please indicate the percentage loan that you will be seeking and whether or not a valuation report has already been carried out.
3. Please give the name and address of the solicitor that would act on your behalf if your offer is successful.
4. Our clients are not bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer that is made. As soon as a decision has been made, all parties will be advised in writing as soon as possible thereafter.
5. No offer will be considered that is made in relation to another offer e.g. £1.00 above the highest offer made and all offers should be for a fixed sum sterling.
For satellite navigation use the post code LL14 2BP. Leave the A483 town by pass at exit 3 by Starbucks and the Travel Lodge at Croesfoel at which take the exit signposted B5605 Johnstown. Continue for just over one mile to the first set of traffic lights at which turn right. Continue up the hill to a mini-roundabout at which turn left onto Church Street. "Bethania" will be seen on the left after approximately 100 yards.