- Imposing Grade II Listed 5 Bedroom Detached Residence
- Standing in Gardens and Grounds extending in all to 6.23 acres (2.52 ha)
- Pleasant Location on the edge of the popular village of Gobowen
- Potential renovation
- Spacious kitchen with original quarry tiles and an oil Nobel cooker
- Barrel-vaulted brick cellar
- Stunning Jacobean open-well staircase rising from ground floor to attic
Bowen Son & Watson are delighted with instructions to offer for sale a Grade II detached country residence in an idyllic location near Oswestry.
Great Fernhill Farmhouse, an 17th Century building built circa.1595 is part of the Fernhill Estate just on the outskirts of Whittington set within 6.235 aces (2.523ha). Particular features to this property are the two imposing chimney breasts to its eastern elevation and the carved joists which wrap around the whole building and appear on all elevations. This type of detail exaggerated wealth and status of the English gentleman that it was originally built for William Albany, who was thought to be a London Merchant Taylor.
Great Fernhill Farmhouse contains a wealth of traditional features including exposed beams, tiled floors and fireplaces.
Gobowen 1.1 miles, Whittington village 2.9 miles, Oswestry 3 miles, Shrewsbury 19.9 miles (all distances area approximate)