A wall plaque indicates that the front stone built portion of the Church was built in 1871 with a later brick built school room to the rear which has had a re-slated roof in the last twenty years. The building has an internal floor area of about 1725 sq.ft. (160 sq.m.) with an average ceiling height to the vaulted ceiling in the Main Congregational Room of 21'4" (6.50m). The valuable pine fixtures are included. There is an existing vehicular access to the forecourt which provides off street parking and there are yards to either side, one giving access to the cellar boiler room.
FOR SALE BY INFORMAL TENDER. CLOSING DATE 9.30 AM FRIDAY 15th NOVEMBER 2019.
In the 2011 census the large village of Weston Rhyn had a population of 2850 which included several neighbouring hamlets. It has a Primary School, local Shop and Hostelries. It is conveniently situated only a mile from the A5 at Gledrid which provides excellent road communications to Chirk (2 miles), Oswestry (6 miles), Wrexham (12 miles) and Chester (22 miles).
of stone and brick-faced external elevations beneath a slated roof.
(with approximate room dimensions) comprises :-
4' 9'' x 4' 4'' (1.45m x 1.32m)
Approached through an arched entrance door.
Main Congregational Room
39' 4'' x 27' 2'' (11.98m x 8.27m)
Average height to vaulted ceiling of 21'4" (6.50m). Fixed pine furniture to include :- 23no. 4'8" (1.42m) single-ended pews; 9no. 11'6" (3.50m) central pews; Pulpit, "Big Seat" and wall panelling. Three radiators.
23' 8'' x 21' 0'' (7.21m x 6.40m)
15' (4.57m) ceiling height. Wall panelling. Open fireplace. Built-in cupboard to one alcove. Side access door.
7' 7'' x 4' 8'' (2.31m x 1.42m)
7' 1'' x 4' 5'' (2.16m x 1.35m)
Fitted two piece white suite comprising a wall mounted wash hand basin and close coupled w.c. Extractor fan. Wall mounted convector heater.
12' 7'' x 7' 9'' (3.83m x 2.36m)
Fitted single drainer stainless steel sink unit with a modern range of six-doored base units. Original low level pine storage cupboard.
Existing drop kerbs to a 10' (3.04m) wide opening with double iron gates giving access to the forecourt approximately 42'6" (12.95m) wide x 36'9" (11.19m) deep. Pathways to both side elevations, one giving access to the Basement Boiler Room which accommodates the electric boiler.
Mains water, electricity and drainage are connected subject to statutory regulations. Heating is provided by the electric boiler in the Basement.
Freehold. Vacant Possession on Completion.
By prior appointment with the Agents.
Method of Sale:
1. The offer should be submitted to our Wrexham Office to be received by no later than 9.30 am on Friday the 15th November 2019. The envelope containing the offer should be marked "Welsh Presbyterian Church" in order that no offers are opened until after the deadline.
2. Please state clearly within your offer letter any conditions that are attached such as the sale of an existing property; survey or mortgage finance; or obtaining Planning Consent. If the offer is subject to obtaining a mortgage, please indicate the percentage loan that you will be seeking and whether or not a valuation report has already been carried out.
3. Please give the name and address of the solicitor that would act on your behalf if your offer is successful.
4. Our clients are not bound to accept the highest or indeed any offer that is made. As soon as a decision has been made, all parties will be advised in writing as soon as possible thereafter.
5. No offer will be considered that is made in relation to another offer e.g. £1.00 above the highest offer made and all offers should be for a fixed sum sterling.
For satellite navigation use the post code SY10 7RX. Leave the A5 at Gledrid Roundabout at its junction with the B5070 taking the exit signposted Weston Rhyn. Continue through the village along Station Road for about a mile when the property will eventually be observed on the right just before reaching a mini-roundabout in front of "The Lodge" Pub.